Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Very Enjoyable Mess

She said that I smell like a memory...
...
But that doesn't change anything...except my mood...and as I told of my beloved mother and distant father, and she talked around a weakness in her that I have not yet proven myself to help with,if I even can,
I looked at her.
I really looked at her.
And I understand the feelings now. As I heard her voice and wrapped my arms around her to whisper strength and encouragement into her ear...
...it was like nothing I'd known.
It was wonderful.
So here's the deal. I wont give up on her. I take back all of those silly words and replace them with words that will probably be replaced themselves.

I will continue to be there for you.
And hopefully under the protection of that guardian tree, next to Jerry's final place of rest, we shall understand each other better. And I will say silly things that make you playfully turn from me in protest, and we will explore life together as companions.
I want so badly to be your friend...your spirit and voice are both so wonderfully beautiful...so much so that if it takes giving up what I so longingly desire, then I'll do just that.
I just want to do something right for once.
To care without seeking gain.
To love unconditionally.
To not push this one away with my selfishness.
And to enjoy life as it were to be enjoyed.

Good Night

No comments: