Thursday, September 13, 2007

Surrender

I give up. I'm done.
You've won.

No longer will I come to your door,
Nothing but a raven to say "Nevermore"
My heart is too too-much-butter-on-not-enough-toast spread
And I just can't continue to let myself be misled.

Those eyes aren't for me to deilght in.
That scent is not for my enjoyment
You are someone else's girl
Like all the other pretty little ones I've known.

So this is adieu, so long, good bye to you.
No more of my harassment
I'm one more thing off your monumental list of to-do.
So please, breathe easy, knowing that it's not spitefulness or hate that lead me to such conclusions. It's weariness of myself for myself. It's nothing more than fight or flight and I'm done fighting.
I'm a cowboy on the horizon.
A ghost.
Shadow.
Nothing more than an apparition.


Farewell.

No comments: