Thursday, September 13, 2007

Silence

I wish I had the words to say
I wish I only knew
I wish I understood just exactly
what to speak to you

But this life of mine doesn't bring many answers
Weary is the way of things
Life feels much like a standstill
So then what do I do with these wings?

What I do know is that I ache,
I ache for a day,
A day in which I can make sense of these things
A day when I can look into your eyes, whomever you are,
Then press my lips to your ear and whisper,

"How long have I waited for you?
How long has it been?
I thought I had enough
I thought I was through
But then I came upon someone such as you."

And on that day my questions wont be cast away but anew,
and even though I will still have no clue,
I will know that life is good
Because I will be with you.

-M

No comments: