Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Brown Eyes

Like two little black holes pulling my essence apart
Like bull's eyes mocking arrow's meager attempts
Like inverted little lightening bugs lit the night
Like tiny pools of love, roped and fenced off from my grasp

I'm a sucker for a brown eyed girl, but saddly, any will suffice.
The darker?
The better.
Captivated, I move through time and space
You sitting there with that smile in those deep, deep eyes
What is it that I see in them?
Is it you? Can I see you in shiny little baubles that adorn the soul?
Or is it just wrapping paper covering what I can't imagine?

Or am I content with surface things?
Is that it?
I only want what I can grasp, desiring to pry carrots and roots from the ground
As opposed to digging deeper to uncover the pearl.

"Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?"

No comments: