Saturday, November 28, 2009

Worlds (Part 2) (Old FB Stuff)

While thinking of worlds and worrisome notions
of past heart's destruction and present's fixation
And rummaging rummaging through nostalgia's collection
A thought chimes out,

"I need a new world"

Strikes like a siren, first loud then numb
a painful realization, soon turns to conclusion
bringing forth heavy glances at life and love and why
I have discovered that that world was not big enough
for you and I

So I amble about
making sand castles
kicking dust in the wind
building, burning bridges

And in this little shell, that was once filled with life
is not but crushed rocks, and knick knacks, and strife

So packing my bag and waving goodbye
I pretend to hear cheering
instead of my cry
I look around, back turned, for one final moment
then exit stage left, for new horizons, that look most imposing

I embark with the intensity that comes
from bullet through chamber explosion,
Running from erosion
fleeing from corrosion

feeling wind against my skin again
Flying through the darkness
fearing what my heart missed
breathing in the sea mist

I stop. And look. and what do I see?

An utter completeness
In a world that was made for me

No comments: