Saturday, November 28, 2009

Nostalgia (Old FB Stuff)

Nostalgia is a funny thing.
It allows you to look at things past and realize what once was.
And implications of the changes that abound come forth, brought to light by contrasting then and now.

It really is strange.
How one can leave without leaving, to be five feet from something and on a different continent simultaneously.
And all this time being away I thought that I couldn't come back

So now the question:
Can I really come back?
Can this soul be as it once was, like scraping rust from the kettle
Or like shining light in a once forgotten room

Does it need to be as it once was at all?
Or is this the next progression
Like a tornado to rally the town
The murder to show people they need to love one another
The death that helps us see a need for life
The Christ that showed us how it is to live.

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that nostalgia is a funny thing and that I seem to be back.

Talk to you soon,
M.

No comments: